Kevin Kolb leaves Arizona Cardinals game with injury
With just more than two minutes remaining and the Cardinals trailing 16-13, quarterback Kevin Kolb was sacked on a broken play. He was slow to get up and ultimately did not return to the game.
"It's Kevin's chest and ribs," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said after the game. "We didn't feel anything. We are getting him checked just to see if there is some type of crack that we don't see."
Kolb, who had completed 14-of-26 passes for 128 yards with one touchdown and one interception, also ran for 66 yards. He was replaced by John Skelton, who promptly led the Cardinals to a game-tying field goal as well as a chance to win the game in regulation.
It was rather similar to how things went down in Week 1 against the Seahawks, when Kolb replaced an injured Skelton and led Arizona to a win. Except, the Cardinals lost this time.
A dropped screen pass was followed by an incredibly costly interception from Skelton in the overtime period, as the pick and return directly led to the Cardinals' demise.
All-in-all, it was a rather interesting day for Skelton.
"That was quite a roller coaster of emotions," the QB said.
Skelton finished the day completing just two of 10 passes for 45 yards and that interception.
Whisenhunt said he was not sure of what Skelton was looking at when he threw the interception, but commented on how the QB gave his team a chance to win.
"It's unfortunate that it came out that way because John made a big throw to Larry (Fitzgerald) to put us in position to kick the field goal to win it," he said.
Kolb's status is uncertain, it's possible the player who started the season will once again get the nod when Arizona heads to Minnesota to play the Vikings next Sunday. But that remains to be seen.
"We're kind of worried, he's our guy," Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington said of Kolb being hurt. "He's the starting quarterback, the guy played phenomenal today.
"He made some great plays with his feet and his arm, so for him to go down, hopefully he's alright."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.