Cardinals coach is unsure about Kevin Kolb's return
The coach, speaking to the media for the first time since word leaked that Kolb suffered a variety of injuries in Sunday's loss to the Bills, said he was not trying to dodge the question.
"A lot of it's going to depend on how he heals, how he gets back, gets the soreness out," Whisenhunt said Wednesday. "I couldn't tell you. There's a lot of speculation about a time period, but we'll just take it one week at a time and see how he's doing."
Whisenhunt said Kolb will be with the team getting treatment, and it's all a matter of how he progresses.
With Kolb out, John Skelton assumes the role of starter, with rookie Ryan Lindley becoming the backup once again. Whisenhunt expressed little hesitation going forward with just two quarterbacks.
"We kind of did that the first couple of weeks, didn't we," Whisenhunt said. "The only difference is John is coming back off the ankle but it seems like it's fine."
The coach did admit it's "a little bit scary" carrying just two healthy quarterbacks, but added that many teams are taking the same approach.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.