USA Today ranks Kevin Kolb among most overpaid athletes
Sunday, he left Arizona's 19-16 loss to Buffalo late in the fourth quarter after falling awkwardly on his ribs and sternum.
Tuesday, it was announced the second-year starter would miss multiple weeks after an MRI revealed that during his awkward fall, not only were multiple ribs detached from his sternum, but he also suffered a sprained sternoclavicular joint in his chest area.
As if his second prolonged absence from the field in as many years -- suffered a concussion against San Francisco on Dec. 4 -- wasn't enough, USA Today didn't mind adding insult to injury Friday.
The national daily newspaper revealed their annual ranking of the most overpaid athletes , and not surprisingly the sixth-year pro found himself on the list.
Kevin Kolb, QB, Arizona Cardinals -- Under contract until: 2016 -- Signed five-year, $65 million deal in 2011. Some bad deals you can't see coming. This was not one of them.
Kolb was acquired back in July 2011, when the Cardinals sent a 2nd round draft pick and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the Eagles. In Philadelphia, Kolb had only seven career starts to his name to go along with 2,082 yards passing, 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
During his short stint with the Cardinals, Kolb has started 14 of 22 games, while throwing 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
Joining Kolb on USA Today's overpaid list are former teammate Michael Vick, former Sun Amar'e Stoudemire, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Sanchez, Barry Zito, Andre Biedrins, Dennis Wideman, Wade Redden, Mario Williams and Alfonso Soriano.
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br