Updated Oct 19, 2012 - 8:37 am
USA Today ranks Kevin Kolb among most overpaid athletes
Sunday, he left Arizona's 19-16 loss to Buffalo late in the fourth quarter after falling awkwardly on his ribs and sternum.
Tuesday, it was announced the second-year starter would miss multiple weeks after an MRI revealed that during his awkward fall, not only were multiple ribs detached from his sternum, but he also suffered a sprained sternoclavicular joint in his chest area.
As if his second prolonged absence from the field in as many years -- suffered a concussion against San Francisco on Dec. 4 -- wasn't enough, USA Today didn't mind adding insult to injury Friday.
The national daily newspaper revealed their annual ranking of the most overpaid athletes , and not surprisingly the sixth-year pro found himself on the list.
Kevin Kolb, QB, Arizona Cardinals -- Under contract until: 2016 -- Signed five-year, $65 million deal in 2011. Some bad deals you can't see coming. This was not one of them.
Kolb was acquired back in July 2011, when the Cardinals sent a 2nd round draft pick and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the Eagles. In Philadelphia, Kolb had only seven career starts to his name to go along with 2,082 yards passing, 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
During his short stint with the Cardinals, Kolb has started 14 of 22 games, while throwing 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
Joining Kolb on USA Today's overpaid list are former teammate Michael Vick, former Sun Amar'e Stoudemire, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Sanchez, Barry Zito, Andre Biedrins, Dennis Wideman, Wade Redden, Mario Williams and Alfonso Soriano.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.