Updated Oct 21, 2012 - 9:56 am
Report: Cardinals to try out Vince Young on Tuesday
Even if that help comes in the form of much-maligned veteran quarterback Vince Young.
According to Lindy's Sports, Arizona will bring Young in for a tryout on Tuesday.
Young, who was previously cut by the Buffalo Bills during training camp, last played for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011. Primarily serving as Michael Vick's backup, Young threw for 866 yards, four touchdowns and nine interceptions in six games.
Since being cut by the Bills back in August, the two-time Pro Bowler has reportedly been working out with quarterback guru George Whitfield Jr.
For his career, the multifaceted quarterback has thrown for 8,964 yards and 46 touchdowns, while also running for 1,459 yards and 12 touchdowns.
He was selected as the No. 3 overall pick by the Titans in 2006, after leading Texas to a spectacular National Championship victory over Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and the USC Trojans, but was forced out in 2010 after an up-and-down relationship with head coach Jeff Fisher.
But in addition to his recent on-field woes, Young also appears to be in the midst of some financial trouble off it.
Young is currently suing his former agent and financial planner, and the Associated Press reported last month he is currently dealing with mounting debt.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.