Updated Oct 21, 2012 - 9:56 am
Report: Cardinals to try out Vince Young on Tuesday
Even if that help comes in the form of much-maligned veteran quarterback Vince Young.
According to Lindy's Sports, Arizona will bring Young in for a tryout on Tuesday.
Young, who was previously cut by the Buffalo Bills during training camp, last played for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011. Primarily serving as Michael Vick's backup, Young threw for 866 yards, four touchdowns and nine interceptions in six games.
Since being cut by the Bills back in August, the two-time Pro Bowler has reportedly been working out with quarterback guru George Whitfield Jr.
For his career, the multifaceted quarterback has thrown for 8,964 yards and 46 touchdowns, while also running for 1,459 yards and 12 touchdowns.
He was selected as the No. 3 overall pick by the Titans in 2006, after leading Texas to a spectacular National Championship victory over Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and the USC Trojans, but was forced out in 2010 after an up-and-down relationship with head coach Jeff Fisher.
But in addition to his recent on-field woes, Young also appears to be in the midst of some financial trouble off it.
Young is currently suing his former agent and financial planner, and the Associated Press reported last month he is currently dealing with mounting debt.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.