Updated Oct 24, 2012 - 10:20 am
Arizona Cardinals work out kicker Josh Brown
In his third year with the team, Feely had just made a franchise-record 61-yard field goal to tie the game late against the Buffalo Bills.
He had made 11 of his last 12 attempts, and gained a reputation for being one of the more clutch kickers in the game.
Then Feely got a chance to win the game just a couple minutes later, only his 38-yard attempt was tipped at the line before hitting the goalpost. The Cardinals eventually lost in overtime.
Feely missed another field goal attempt the next week, a 47-yard try at the end of the first half against the Vikings, and now it appears the Cardinals may have had enough.
According to reports confirmed by Arizona Sports' Paul Calvisi, the team worked out free agent kicker Josh Brown Tuesday.
Brown, 33, most recently kicked for the St. Louis Rams. He made just 21 of 28 field goal attempts last season, and the team decided to go in a different direction. He joined the New York Jets for training camp this year, but the team decided to stick with incumbent Nick Folk.
For his career, which spans nine seasons with the Rams and Seattle Seahawks, Brown has made 80.9 percent of his field goals and 99.3 percent of his extra points.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.