Updated Oct 24, 2012 - 10:20 am
Arizona Cardinals work out kicker Josh Brown
In his third year with the team, Feely had just made a franchise-record 61-yard field goal to tie the game late against the Buffalo Bills.
He had made 11 of his last 12 attempts, and gained a reputation for being one of the more clutch kickers in the game.
Then Feely got a chance to win the game just a couple minutes later, only his 38-yard attempt was tipped at the line before hitting the goalpost. The Cardinals eventually lost in overtime.
Feely missed another field goal attempt the next week, a 47-yard try at the end of the first half against the Vikings, and now it appears the Cardinals may have had enough.
According to reports confirmed by Arizona Sports' Paul Calvisi, the team worked out free agent kicker Josh Brown Tuesday.
Brown, 33, most recently kicked for the St. Louis Rams. He made just 21 of 28 field goal attempts last season, and the team decided to go in a different direction. He joined the New York Jets for training camp this year, but the team decided to stick with incumbent Nick Folk.
For his career, which spans nine seasons with the Rams and Seattle Seahawks, Brown has made 80.9 percent of his field goals and 99.3 percent of his extra points.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!