Updated Oct 24, 2012 - 10:20 am
Arizona Cardinals work out kicker Josh Brown
In his third year with the team, Feely had just made a franchise-record 61-yard field goal to tie the game late against the Buffalo Bills.
He had made 11 of his last 12 attempts, and gained a reputation for being one of the more clutch kickers in the game.
Then Feely got a chance to win the game just a couple minutes later, only his 38-yard attempt was tipped at the line before hitting the goalpost. The Cardinals eventually lost in overtime.
Feely missed another field goal attempt the next week, a 47-yard try at the end of the first half against the Vikings, and now it appears the Cardinals may have had enough.
According to reports confirmed by Arizona Sports' Paul Calvisi, the team worked out free agent kicker Josh Brown Tuesday.
Brown, 33, most recently kicked for the St. Louis Rams. He made just 21 of 28 field goal attempts last season, and the team decided to go in a different direction. He joined the New York Jets for training camp this year, but the team decided to stick with incumbent Nick Folk.
For his career, which spans nine seasons with the Rams and Seattle Seahawks, Brown has made 80.9 percent of his field goals and 99.3 percent of his extra points.
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.