Arizona Cardinals work out kicker Josh Brown
In his third year with the team, Feely had just made a franchise-record 61-yard field goal to tie the game late against the Buffalo Bills.
He had made 11 of his last 12 attempts, and gained a reputation for being one of the more clutch kickers in the game.
Then Feely got a chance to win the game just a couple minutes later, only his 38-yard attempt was tipped at the line before hitting the goalpost. The Cardinals eventually lost in overtime.
Feely missed another field goal attempt the next week, a 47-yard try at the end of the first half against the Vikings, and now it appears the Cardinals may have had enough.
According to reports confirmed by Arizona Sports' Paul Calvisi, the team worked out free agent kicker Josh Brown Tuesday.
Brown, 33, most recently kicked for the St. Louis Rams. He made just 21 of 28 field goal attempts last season, and the team decided to go in a different direction. He joined the New York Jets for training camp this year, but the team decided to stick with incumbent Nick Folk.
For his career, which spans nine seasons with the Rams and Seattle Seahawks, Brown has made 80.9 percent of his field goals and 99.3 percent of his extra points.
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br