ESPN Analyst: 'I think it was on Skelton this week'
But, if they look past the stats and watch the replay of the game, they would see poor decision making from a quarterback struggling under pressure.
"I thought it was little more on Skelton this week," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Jaworski specifically criticized Skelton for his interception to start the third quarter, which saw Vikings safety Harrison Smith return it for a touchdown.
"They brought the safety down, in what we call a lurk coverage, he lines up right behind the middle linebacker so you have to see him coming down," said Jaworski. "It's obvious what they're trying to do. The coverage has three defenders in the middle of the field and he tries to squeeze it into three defenders. You can't make that kind of play."
"When the quarterback holds on to the ball to long you're going to get sacks and clearly Skelton is holding onto the ball too long," said Jaworski. "Either check it down or throw that thing in the stands. Get it out of your hands."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.