Updated Oct 25, 2012 - 2:54 pm
ESPN Analyst: 'I think it was on Skelton this week'
But, if they look past the stats and watch the replay of the game, they would see poor decision making from a quarterback struggling under pressure.
"I thought it was little more on Skelton this week," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Jaworski specifically criticized Skelton for his interception to start the third quarter, which saw Vikings safety Harrison Smith return it for a touchdown.
"They brought the safety down, in what we call a lurk coverage, he lines up right behind the middle linebacker so you have to see him coming down," said Jaworski. "It's obvious what they're trying to do. The coverage has three defenders in the middle of the field and he tries to squeeze it into three defenders. You can't make that kind of play."
"When the quarterback holds on to the ball to long you're going to get sacks and clearly Skelton is holding onto the ball too long," said Jaworski. "Either check it down or throw that thing in the stands. Get it out of your hands."
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.