Updated Oct 25, 2012 - 2:54 pm
ESPN Analyst: 'I think it was on Skelton this week'
But, if they look past the stats and watch the replay of the game, they would see poor decision making from a quarterback struggling under pressure.
"I thought it was little more on Skelton this week," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Jaworski specifically criticized Skelton for his interception to start the third quarter, which saw Vikings safety Harrison Smith return it for a touchdown.
"They brought the safety down, in what we call a lurk coverage, he lines up right behind the middle linebacker so you have to see him coming down," said Jaworski. "It's obvious what they're trying to do. The coverage has three defenders in the middle of the field and he tries to squeeze it into three defenders. You can't make that kind of play."
"When the quarterback holds on to the ball to long you're going to get sacks and clearly Skelton is holding onto the ball too long," said Jaworski. "Either check it down or throw that thing in the stands. Get it out of your hands."
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!