Updated Oct 25, 2012 - 2:54 pm
ESPN Analyst: 'I think it was on Skelton this week'
But, if they look past the stats and watch the replay of the game, they would see poor decision making from a quarterback struggling under pressure.
"I thought it was little more on Skelton this week," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Jaworski specifically criticized Skelton for his interception to start the third quarter, which saw Vikings safety Harrison Smith return it for a touchdown.
"They brought the safety down, in what we call a lurk coverage, he lines up right behind the middle linebacker so you have to see him coming down," said Jaworski. "It's obvious what they're trying to do. The coverage has three defenders in the middle of the field and he tries to squeeze it into three defenders. You can't make that kind of play."
"When the quarterback holds on to the ball to long you're going to get sacks and clearly Skelton is holding onto the ball too long," said Jaworski. "Either check it down or throw that thing in the stands. Get it out of your hands."
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.