Updated Oct 30, 2012 - 10:43 am
Arizona Cardinals DE Dockett questions teammates who did not play
Now 4-4, the team has slid into second place, and with a pair of tough road games on the docket it seems as if their losing skid will not come to a halt any time soon.
Frustration is certainly beginning to mount, and Arizona defensive lineman Darnell Dockett spoke after Monday nights' 24-3 loss about some of the players who were not on the field in what many viewed as a must-win game.
"Coach called out a lot of things [Monday] that I obviously wanted to say to some guys," Dockett said. "He called out some guys in the training room that we need on the field. We need them."
Among those who were inactive Monday night are tight end Todd Heap, who missed his sixth straight game due to a knee injury, and defensive back Greg Toler, who was out with a hamstring issue.
Guard Adam Snyder also missed the game, as he is dealing with a quadricep injury.
To be fair to both Dockett and the team's walking wounded, the player did not call anyone out by name and it would not be right to speculate who he (or Whisenhunt) were talking about. No matter what, though, things might need to change if the Cardinals are going to right the ship.
"We've got one more game before this bye week, and we've got to do whatever we have to do to win this game," Dockett said. "By all means necessary.
"So we're going to need some guys to suck it up to win this game, and they've got a whole week off. So hopefully that message rings a bell to a lot of players."
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.