Updated Oct 30, 2012 - 10:43 am
Arizona Cardinals DE Dockett questions teammates who did not play
Now 4-4, the team has slid into second place, and with a pair of tough road games on the docket it seems as if their losing skid will not come to a halt any time soon.
Frustration is certainly beginning to mount, and Arizona defensive lineman Darnell Dockett spoke after Monday nights' 24-3 loss about some of the players who were not on the field in what many viewed as a must-win game.
"Coach called out a lot of things [Monday] that I obviously wanted to say to some guys," Dockett said. "He called out some guys in the training room that we need on the field. We need them."
Among those who were inactive Monday night are tight end Todd Heap, who missed his sixth straight game due to a knee injury, and defensive back Greg Toler, who was out with a hamstring issue.
Guard Adam Snyder also missed the game, as he is dealing with a quadricep injury.
To be fair to both Dockett and the team's walking wounded, the player did not call anyone out by name and it would not be right to speculate who he (or Whisenhunt) were talking about. No matter what, though, things might need to change if the Cardinals are going to right the ship.
"We've got one more game before this bye week, and we've got to do whatever we have to do to win this game," Dockett said. "By all means necessary.
"So we're going to need some guys to suck it up to win this game, and they've got a whole week off. So hopefully that message rings a bell to a lot of players."
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!