Updated Oct 30, 2012 - 4:02 pm
As trade deadline approaches, do Arizona Cardinals have interest in Bryant McKinnie?
With the NFL's trade deadline pushed to Thursday due to Hurricane Sandy, the Cardinals will have more time to make a deal if they so choose.
"Well we're looking; we're always looking for ways to help this team, we always have been," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said Tuesday. "If there's something available...if we had an opportunity to get somebody that we think can help us, we certainly would try to do that."
Sports Illustrated's Peter King is reporting the Cardinals have interest in Ravens tackle Bryant McKinnie.
Could Bryant McKinnie be the answer for someone? McKinnie's the odd man out in the Baltimore tackle rotation (Michael Oher's taken his old left tackle job, with Iowa State rookie Kelechi Osemele now the right tackle. McKinnie played but 23 offensive snaps in the last three Ravens game. But he'd be a good temporary Band-Aid for the reeling Cardinals, who I hear have some interest in him. They should. Their two starting tackles are the lowest-rated tackles in the NFL, according to ProFootballFocus.com, which has Bobby Massie and D'Anthony Batiste blamed for the incredible total of 25 sacks and 74 quarterback hits or hurries -- in eight games!
While the Cardinals may have interest in the 33-year-old, it's worth remembering that big-time trades in the NFL are rare, and if a deal is struck it will likely cost the Cardinals a draft pick or two.
While not referring to the McKinnie rumor or any other specific deal, Whisenhunt said it is difficult to part with picks.
"We've done so well with our draft picks over the last couple of years and we've built a good core group of young guys that you want to continue to build to that," Whisenhunt said. "That's how you have success in this league."
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.