Updated Nov 1, 2012 - 4:42 pm
Troubled former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu to live with Patrick Peterson's family
This, according to Palm Beach Post.
Mathieu, 20, will be staying in Broward County, Florida with the family of Patrick Peterson.
Peterson, like Mathieu, was a cornerback for LSU.
"He wanted to get away from the madness in Baton Rouge," said Pat Lawler, a Boca Raton lawyer and agent for Galaxy Sports. "His mindset is to deal with his problems and get his life in order. He and his family are looking at getting Tyrann back together."
Nicknamed the "Honey Badger", Mathieu was a Heisman Trophy finalist last season after finishing as the National Defensive Player of the Year.
In 26 career games he has picked off four passes and forced 11 fumbles, though it's his prowess with the ball in his hands as a returner that make him special.
Mathieu averaged 15.6 yards per punt return last season and brought two back for touchdowns.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.