Updated Nov 1, 2012 - 4:42 pm
Troubled former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu to live with Patrick Peterson's family
This, according to Palm Beach Post.
Mathieu, 20, will be staying in Broward County, Florida with the family of Patrick Peterson.
Peterson, like Mathieu, was a cornerback for LSU.
"He wanted to get away from the madness in Baton Rouge," said Pat Lawler, a Boca Raton lawyer and agent for Galaxy Sports. "His mindset is to deal with his problems and get his life in order. He and his family are looking at getting Tyrann back together."
Nicknamed the "Honey Badger", Mathieu was a Heisman Trophy finalist last season after finishing as the National Defensive Player of the Year.
In 26 career games he has picked off four passes and forced 11 fumbles, though it's his prowess with the ball in his hands as a returner that make him special.
Mathieu averaged 15.6 yards per punt return last season and brought two back for touchdowns.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves