Updated Nov 1, 2012 - 4:42 pm
Troubled former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu to live with Patrick Peterson's family
This, according to Palm Beach Post.
Mathieu, 20, will be staying in Broward County, Florida with the family of Patrick Peterson.
Peterson, like Mathieu, was a cornerback for LSU.
"He wanted to get away from the madness in Baton Rouge," said Pat Lawler, a Boca Raton lawyer and agent for Galaxy Sports. "His mindset is to deal with his problems and get his life in order. He and his family are looking at getting Tyrann back together."
Nicknamed the "Honey Badger", Mathieu was a Heisman Trophy finalist last season after finishing as the National Defensive Player of the Year.
In 26 career games he has picked off four passes and forced 11 fumbles, though it's his prowess with the ball in his hands as a returner that make him special.
Mathieu averaged 15.6 yards per punt return last season and brought two back for touchdowns.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.