Daryl Washington wants to be 'the guy' for the Arizona Cardinals
"We think we have a lot of good players, a lot of good depth behind good players," Horton said. "Our thing is, you be the guy."
Linebacker Daryl Washington appears to be the man for the job.
"He has publicly mentioned that 'I want to be the face of the franchise, I want to be Larry [Fitzgerald], I want to be Adrian [Wilson], I want to be that guy,' which takes a lot of responsibility," Horton said.
Since the Cardinals drafted him in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Washington has been a force to be reckoned with.
This season, he leads the team in tackles (68), sacks (8) and forced fumbles (2).
"He is backing everything up, and he is doing a fantastic job," Horton. "We are glad we have him. He is relentless in everything he does."
Cardinals' fans can rest easy knowing that this talented linebacker will be around for a while. Prior to the season, Washington signed a contract that keeps him in the Valley for the next six years.
Washington and the Cardinals return to action Sunday when they travel to Green Bay and take on the Packers.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?