Daryl Washington wants to be 'the guy' for the Arizona Cardinals
"We think we have a lot of good players, a lot of good depth behind good players," Horton said. "Our thing is, you be the guy."
Linebacker Daryl Washington appears to be the man for the job.
"He has publicly mentioned that 'I want to be the face of the franchise, I want to be Larry [Fitzgerald], I want to be Adrian [Wilson], I want to be that guy,' which takes a lot of responsibility," Horton said.
Since the Cardinals drafted him in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Washington has been a force to be reckoned with.
This season, he leads the team in tackles (68), sacks (8) and forced fumbles (2).
"He is backing everything up, and he is doing a fantastic job," Horton. "We are glad we have him. He is relentless in everything he does."
Cardinals' fans can rest easy knowing that this talented linebacker will be around for a while. Prior to the season, Washington signed a contract that keeps him in the Valley for the next six years.
Washington and the Cardinals return to action Sunday when they travel to Green Bay and take on the Packers.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.