Daryl Washington wants to be 'the guy' for the Arizona Cardinals
"We think we have a lot of good players, a lot of good depth behind good players," Horton said. "Our thing is, you be the guy."
Linebacker Daryl Washington appears to be the man for the job.
"He has publicly mentioned that 'I want to be the face of the franchise, I want to be Larry [Fitzgerald], I want to be Adrian [Wilson], I want to be that guy,' which takes a lot of responsibility," Horton said.
Since the Cardinals drafted him in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Washington has been a force to be reckoned with.
This season, he leads the team in tackles (68), sacks (8) and forced fumbles (2).
"He is backing everything up, and he is doing a fantastic job," Horton. "We are glad we have him. He is relentless in everything he does."
Cardinals' fans can rest easy knowing that this talented linebacker will be around for a while. Prior to the season, Washington signed a contract that keeps him in the Valley for the next six years.
Washington and the Cardinals return to action Sunday when they travel to Green Bay and take on the Packers.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.