Updated Nov 2, 2012 - 4:15 pm
Warner on offense: 'Equal blame all around'
Former Cardinals quarterback and NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf there is "equal blame all around."
"It is not that every area (of the offense) is just plain terrible all the time," Warner said. "If the quarterback holds the ball too long one play, it's a sack. If a guy gets beat at the line of scrimmage even if though a guy is coming open, it's a sack. If everybody else does their job and a receiver can't get open, then it becomes a sack too."
The Cardinals' offense has had a very tough time finding consistency so far this season. They are averaging just 15.9 points per game, which ranks 31st in the league.
"I think that is the problem right now. There is not really one area that they can hang their hat on. The only guy is probably Larry Fitzgerald, but when he is not the guy with the ball in his hands on every snap, it makes it tough for an offense."
Warner said the lack off reliable players has forced the coaching staff to continually design new ways to put players in a position to succeed.
"Sometimes it just comes to good players making it work and I think that is the problem right now," Warner said. "They don't have the players those players who can just make it work, so it puts a lot of pressure on those coaches to try to be perfect all the time."
Though the offense has struggled this season, the defense has been a different story for the Cardinals, who are only giving up 17.9 points per game.
"Their defense is still really good and their defense is going to keep them in a lot of games," Warner said.
Warner feels if the offense can "come along," the Cardinals can return to their winning ways.
"They started out 4-0. They showed that they have the ability to win in different ways. It is just a matter of just trying to manufacture some things offensively to help that defense out," Warner said. "I think they can get back on track and win some games."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!