Warner on offense: 'Equal blame all around'
Former Cardinals quarterback and NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf there is "equal blame all around."
"It is not that every area (of the offense) is just plain terrible all the time," Warner said. "If the quarterback holds the ball too long one play, it's a sack. If a guy gets beat at the line of scrimmage even if though a guy is coming open, it's a sack. If everybody else does their job and a receiver can't get open, then it becomes a sack too."
The Cardinals' offense has had a very tough time finding consistency so far this season. They are averaging just 15.9 points per game, which ranks 31st in the league.
"I think that is the problem right now. There is not really one area that they can hang their hat on. The only guy is probably Larry Fitzgerald, but when he is not the guy with the ball in his hands on every snap, it makes it tough for an offense."
Warner said the lack off reliable players has forced the coaching staff to continually design new ways to put players in a position to succeed.
"Sometimes it just comes to good players making it work and I think that is the problem right now," Warner said. "They don't have the players those players who can just make it work, so it puts a lot of pressure on those coaches to try to be perfect all the time."
Though the offense has struggled this season, the defense has been a different story for the Cardinals, who are only giving up 17.9 points per game.
"Their defense is still really good and their defense is going to keep them in a lot of games," Warner said.
Warner feels if the offense can "come along," the Cardinals can return to their winning ways.
"They started out 4-0. They showed that they have the ability to win in different ways. It is just a matter of just trying to manufacture some things offensively to help that defense out," Warner said. "I think they can get back on track and win some games."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.