Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 11:16 am
Cardinals' Ken Whisenhunt not pointing fingers yet
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt addressed the media in his usual Monday session and he still thinks he has the guys in this locker room to get the job done.
"We still believe we can win football games on the back end of this season and be a good football team and that's what our focus is," Whisenhunt said.
The Cardinals have been outscored 112-53 during the losing streak and rank 26th in the league team offense and 18th in team defense.
Whisenhunt said it's not just the responsibility of the veterans to get them out of this mess.
"I don't know if you point your finger necessarily at any one particular group or any one player," he said. "We've got a number of guys that aren't doing enough to help us win as a team and that's what being a team is all about."
The Cardinals did have a few bright spots in the loss; quarterback John Skelton was only sacked twice, he threw for 306 yards and the defense recorded one interception. But it was the mental errors and lack of execution that they could not overcome once again.
"We've got to do a better job of making those plays when we have opportunities to make plays, mentally doing the things that we have to do correctly. It's really all we gotta do," said Whisenhunt.
Against the Packers, the Cardinals had eight penalties for 57 yards, compared to Green Bay's lone penalty for five yards.
"It's hard when you've lost five games to say that there's anything positive about it because I don't feel like there is," he said. "Our guys have worked hard, I believe in the way our guys work, but the one thing I'll say is they've shown they can do it. When we do it right, we're a good football team."
The Cardinals' coaching staff will have this bye week to examine film from the previous nine games and figure out what areas need the most work and try to make some adjustments in a short amount of time. Arizona will take on Atlanta Sunday, November 18.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!