Updated Nov 5, 2012 - 6:03 pm
Whisenhunt: 'We are going to get back to winning'
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt has the tough task of getting a team that has lost five straight games back on track.
He spoke with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday and seems confident that his squad will return to winning form.
"We are going to look at making some changes if we have to do that so we can cut out some of these little mistakes that are keeping us from winning a game," Whisenhunt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "We are going to get back to winning."
With such a late bye week, Whisenhunt feels that he has a big enough sample size to diagnose the Cardinals' ailments.
"I think that when you look at the nine games that we have played, you now have a set of plays or a set of enough games that you can evaluate where your team is and look at what you can do to correct it," Whisenhunt said.
Last week, Whisenhunt replaced starting left tackle D'Anthony Batiste with rookie Nate Potter, and it appears as if he will be moving forward with that decision. The move might be a sign of many more things to come as he re-evaluates his team this week.
"I think we are going to use this week to really look hard at what we are doing and how we are doing it and the guys we are doing it with," Whisenhunt said. "We are going to look to put the best team on the field moving forward."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.