Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Cardinals rookie Nate Potter looks to be next in line
Nate Potter, a seventh round pick out of Boise State last April, finally got a shot as D'Anthony Batiste's replacement Sunday in Green Bay.
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt has said Potter "did real well" and impressed the coach.
Potter, who said he still needs to adjust to the speed of the NFL game as well as simply get stronger, just wants to keep improving.
"I've still got a lot of work to do," Potter said. "I'm glad I've improved, but you can't rest. Especially in this league you've got to keep getting better."
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Potter did not allow a sack Sunday but did surrender one QB hit and five QB hurries.
All-in-all it was not a bad performance for a player receiving his first significant playing time, though he said his performance Sunday was "decent, not good."
The 24-year-old admitted he was a bit surprised to be called on when he was in the game, but now that it appears he'll be a part of the team's offensive line plans going forward, he understands any flak the group receives will now fall on him, too.
"That just goes with the territory of being an offensive lineman," he said. "You just kind of roll with it.
"We're a tight group. We know we've got to get better, we've got to improve, but we've got each other's back."
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.