Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Cardinals rookie Nate Potter looks to be next in line
Nate Potter, a seventh round pick out of Boise State last April, finally got a shot as D'Anthony Batiste's replacement Sunday in Green Bay.
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt has said Potter "did real well" and impressed the coach.
Potter, who said he still needs to adjust to the speed of the NFL game as well as simply get stronger, just wants to keep improving.
"I've still got a lot of work to do," Potter said. "I'm glad I've improved, but you can't rest. Especially in this league you've got to keep getting better."
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Potter did not allow a sack Sunday but did surrender one QB hit and five QB hurries.
All-in-all it was not a bad performance for a player receiving his first significant playing time, though he said his performance Sunday was "decent, not good."
The 24-year-old admitted he was a bit surprised to be called on when he was in the game, but now that it appears he'll be a part of the team's offensive line plans going forward, he understands any flak the group receives will now fall on him, too.
"That just goes with the territory of being an offensive lineman," he said. "You just kind of roll with it.
"We're a tight group. We know we've got to get better, we've got to improve, but we've got each other's back."
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?