Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Cardinals rookie Nate Potter looks to be next in line
Nate Potter, a seventh round pick out of Boise State last April, finally got a shot as D'Anthony Batiste's replacement Sunday in Green Bay.
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt has said Potter "did real well" and impressed the coach.
Potter, who said he still needs to adjust to the speed of the NFL game as well as simply get stronger, just wants to keep improving.
"I've still got a lot of work to do," Potter said. "I'm glad I've improved, but you can't rest. Especially in this league you've got to keep getting better."
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Potter did not allow a sack Sunday but did surrender one QB hit and five QB hurries.
All-in-all it was not a bad performance for a player receiving his first significant playing time, though he said his performance Sunday was "decent, not good."
The 24-year-old admitted he was a bit surprised to be called on when he was in the game, but now that it appears he'll be a part of the team's offensive line plans going forward, he understands any flak the group receives will now fall on him, too.
"That just goes with the territory of being an offensive lineman," he said. "You just kind of roll with it.
"We're a tight group. We know we've got to get better, we've got to improve, but we've got each other's back."
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.