Updated Nov 8, 2012 - 10:19 am
Washington, Campbell named to Pro Football Focus' Top 51 NFL Players list
The Arizona Cardinals have certainly had their share of ups and downs so far this season. Riding a current five-game losing streak as they hit the bye week, they're definitely trending down.
But according to ProFootballFocus.com, a couple standout defenders' efforts have not gone unnoticed.
The website put out its list of the Top 51 players to this point of the National Football League season, and two Cardinals cracked the list.
Defensive end Calais Campbell earned the 36th spot on the list for his dynamic play.
Incredibly productive on every down, he's gone from a guy who generated a lot of pressure, to a player who can (and does) do it all. Regularly commands a lot of attention from offenses, but has still managed to make 24 defensive stops and bat four passes.
Campbell's teammate, inside linebacker Daryl Washington, was ranked 17th and lauded for his playmaking ability.
Washington continues to make plays for the Cardinals even if his reckless abandon style has seen him miss 11 tackles already this year. At times has struggled in coverage but his inside linebacker leading 62 tackles and eight sacks show just how much of a playmaker he is.
Both players were named to Mike Sando's midseason All-NFC West team, along with wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, earlier Wednesday.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.