Updated Nov 8, 2012 - 10:19 am
Washington, Campbell named to Pro Football Focus' Top 51 NFL Players list
The Arizona Cardinals have certainly had their share of ups and downs so far this season. Riding a current five-game losing streak as they hit the bye week, they're definitely trending down.
But according to ProFootballFocus.com, a couple standout defenders' efforts have not gone unnoticed.
The website put out its list of the Top 51 players to this point of the National Football League season, and two Cardinals cracked the list.
Defensive end Calais Campbell earned the 36th spot on the list for his dynamic play.
Incredibly productive on every down, he's gone from a guy who generated a lot of pressure, to a player who can (and does) do it all. Regularly commands a lot of attention from offenses, but has still managed to make 24 defensive stops and bat four passes.
Campbell's teammate, inside linebacker Daryl Washington, was ranked 17th and lauded for his playmaking ability.
Washington continues to make plays for the Cardinals even if his reckless abandon style has seen him miss 11 tackles already this year. At times has struggled in coverage but his inside linebacker leading 62 tackles and eight sacks show just how much of a playmaker he is.
Both players were named to Mike Sando's midseason All-NFC West team, along with wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, earlier Wednesday.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?