Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Washington hopes to make it two losses for Falcons
The Falcons (8-1) are coming off their first loss of the season, a disappointing 31-27 performance against the New Orleans Saints.
The poor showing by Atlanta makes a Cardinal victory appear possible. Linebacker Daryl Washington is hopeful that his team can make the Falcons' loss more than a one-time thing.
"Hopefully it can be two consecutive losses," Washington said. "Hopefully we can go up there and get a win. It is going to be a crazy and hostile environment."
Even though the Cardinals have just one win on the road this season, it came in a nail biter against the New England Patriots.
"We can win (on the east coast). Every game is important, every game you can win it or lose it," Washington said. "What we want to do right now is just get one win, take it one win at a time."
The Cardinals have not won in Atlanta since 1993 and were thoroughly embarrassed by the Falcons during their last visit in 2008, a 41-7 blowout.
In order to get that win, Washington feels the defense needs to stay true to themselves and execute.
"We have to just stay sound in what we are doing with are technique and making plays we know we can make," Washington said. "That is all you can do as a defense. Go out there and play as hard as you can, use your technique and play discipline football."
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.