Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Washington hopes to make it two losses for Falcons
The Falcons (8-1) are coming off their first loss of the season, a disappointing 31-27 performance against the New Orleans Saints.
The poor showing by Atlanta makes a Cardinal victory appear possible. Linebacker Daryl Washington is hopeful that his team can make the Falcons' loss more than a one-time thing.
"Hopefully it can be two consecutive losses," Washington said. "Hopefully we can go up there and get a win. It is going to be a crazy and hostile environment."
Even though the Cardinals have just one win on the road this season, it came in a nail biter against the New England Patriots.
"We can win (on the east coast). Every game is important, every game you can win it or lose it," Washington said. "What we want to do right now is just get one win, take it one win at a time."
The Cardinals have not won in Atlanta since 1993 and were thoroughly embarrassed by the Falcons during their last visit in 2008, a 41-7 blowout.
In order to get that win, Washington feels the defense needs to stay true to themselves and execute.
"We have to just stay sound in what we are doing with are technique and making plays we know we can make," Washington said. "That is all you can do as a defense. Go out there and play as hard as you can, use your technique and play discipline football."
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.