Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 5:23 pm
ESPN analyst: Falcons not insurmountable foe for Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals are 4-5.
The Falcons won eight straight before falling in a close battle to the New Orleans Saints last week.
The Cardinals have lost five straight, having been beaten by the St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills, among others.
Oh, and Arizona has not won a game in Atlanta since 1993.
Yet, ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski believes that while the Falcons are good, the Cardinals can come out of this game on top.
"They're a very good football team, there is no doubt of that, but they are not an unbeatable football team," the analyst told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday.
Jaworski notes how the Falcons have some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, especially with quarterback Matt Ryan, receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones and tight end Tony Gonzalez.
"But I think if you can match up in a physical-style of game, I still believe they're designed for the finesse game on both sides of the football," he said.
Jaworski believes the Cardinals could attack the Falcons down the field with tight end Rob Housler. It makes sense, especially since Saints tight end Jimmy Graham torched the team for 146 yards and two touchdowns on seven catches last week.
However, that would mean the Cardinals offense does something it hasn't in nearly two months: be effective.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.