Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 5:23 pm
ESPN analyst: Falcons not insurmountable foe for Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals are 4-5.
The Falcons won eight straight before falling in a close battle to the New Orleans Saints last week.
The Cardinals have lost five straight, having been beaten by the St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills, among others.
Oh, and Arizona has not won a game in Atlanta since 1993.
Yet, ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski believes that while the Falcons are good, the Cardinals can come out of this game on top.
"They're a very good football team, there is no doubt of that, but they are not an unbeatable football team," the analyst told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday.
Jaworski notes how the Falcons have some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, especially with quarterback Matt Ryan, receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones and tight end Tony Gonzalez.
"But I think if you can match up in a physical-style of game, I still believe they're designed for the finesse game on both sides of the football," he said.
Jaworski believes the Cardinals could attack the Falcons down the field with tight end Rob Housler. It makes sense, especially since Saints tight end Jimmy Graham torched the team for 146 yards and two touchdowns on seven catches last week.
However, that would mean the Cardinals offense does something it hasn't in nearly two months: be effective.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.