Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 10:45 am
Nate Potter: 'Every NFL game is a learning experience'
The move shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, as Potter came in early against Green Bay and held his own against Clay Matthews and the Packers' formidable pass rush.
Entering the Cardinals' lineup during a five-game losing streak, the former All-American out of Boise State will look to cement himself at the starting spot but knows he just has to concentrate on the task at hand.
"I'm just focused on doing my job. As an O-lineman you kind of want to be out of the spotlight," Potter told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "You don't want your name to be called because it's probably for a bad reason. So, my focus is on preparing for the game and trying to do what I got to do."
Potter went on to say he's taken advantage of the veterans surrounding him at practice to help get past the mental barriers that come with an NFL game.
"I learned I've still got a long ways to go," said Potter. "I learned about the importance of mental preparation and how that plays into the game. But, this is the NFL so every game is going to be a learning experience with new schemes, new people. So you've got to be ready for anything."
With the responsibility of facing a premiere pass rusher every week, Potter stressed the mental preparation that comes with being a left tackle is just as important as being physically ready.
"It's a huge side of football. It's a football intelligence part and it's all the things that go into it before the snap," said Potter. "I've still got to focus on that, got to be ready for that and make sure by game time, I eliminate those mental errors."
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.