Updated Nov 18, 2012 - 12:16 pm
John Skelton benched in second quarter vs. Falcons
Midway through the second quarter of Arizona's game against the Falcons, the former fifth-round pick out of Fordham was replaced in favor of rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley.
Despite three first quarter interceptions by the Cardinals defense, Skelton began the game just 2-for-7 for six yards.
Skelton began the season as the team's starter before suffering a right ankle injury in the team's 20-16 win over the Seattle Seahawks. After Kevin Kolb sustained a rib injury in the fourth quarter of Arizona's Week 6 loss to the Buffalo Bills, Skelton once again took over the starting duties.
In his last three starts, Skelton is 0-3.
Lindley, who was selected in the sixth round by the Cardinals in last April's draft, came into Sunday's game with no career pass attempts.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.