Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 2:01 pm
Beanie Wells: 選 feel like I can run all day'
With Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams in the backfield, the Cardinals were hopeful a strong rushing attack would take pressure off the passing game.
Instead, the two have spent more time on the injured list than the field.
Now after spending the last seven games on the sidelines with a toe injury, Wells is finally returning to action this week against the St. Louis Rams.
"We are going to activate Beanie this week and I expect him to play barring something happen," Whisenhunt said.
Whisenhunt thinks that Wells's return will help jumpstart the Cardinals' struggling offense.
"I sure don't anticipate it hurting. He is a 1,000 yard running back in the NFL. He is a big guy and looks good physically in practice," Whisenhunt said. "You like to think that it can help us."
Wells said that he has been practicing for two weeks now and saw a lot of action on the scout team last week against the starting defense.
"Nothing you do can simulate the game and the physically of a football game, [but] I feel like I can run all day right now," Wells said.
Last week, LaRod Stephens-Howling delivered the best performance by a Cardinals running back this season, rushing for 127 yards and a touchdown.
"He is a real shifty guy, as you see, he can take it 50, 60 yards at any given time," Wells said. "I can come here and be that power guy and wear the defenses out for him."
Just because Wells has missed so much time this season, the Ohio State alum doesn't think that he is going to be the least bit rusty or limited coming off an injury.
"I have been playing football since I was six years old. I don't think I will forget how to play at all," Wells said. "The speed is what it is, football is football no matter where you are playing it at."
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- It痴 Paul痴 Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!