Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 1:43 pm
Calais Campbell wants to return Sunday
"Oh yeah, I'm feeling good about it and I'm looking forward to getting back on the field and helping my team win games," he said Monday. "It was tough watching, don't want to do that again."
Campbell, who has 37 tackles and 3.5 sacks on the season, was injured before the bye week and says he hurt his calf while running. He felt a pop and said it's just one of those things that happens during football.
"I mean it's just little things, different kind of movements and stuff," he said. "I'm pretty sure I'll be back this week unless I have a setback."
That's something Campbell does not expect to be an issue, adding that he sat out Sunday in part just to be safe.
"It's something that's not that serious. You know it can nag so you just want to be careful and be smart with it," said Campbell. "The team looked real good out there without me so I was excited to see David Carter go in there and play well."
The defense did look good against the Falcons, forcing five interceptions and one fumble, but chances are they would still like to get Campbell back this week against the St. Louis Rams to try and help stop this six-game losing streak.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.