Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 10:35 am
Jeff Fisher, Rams prepare for Arizona Cardinals
This is what St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher is dealing with when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals quarterback situation.
It has not been decided if John Skelton or rookie Ryan Lindley will be the starter for this Sunday's game when the Rams and Cards meet for the second time this season.
In Arizona's 23-19 loss to the Atlanta Falcons last Sunday, Skelton completed 2-of-7 throws for six yards with no touchdowns or turnovers. Lindley followed that up going 9-of-20 for 64 yards, no touchdowns and a lost fumble.
The former Titans head coach discussed how he would deal with not knowing who the opposing quarterback would be.
"We have to prepare for their offense," said Fisher. "We have to look at the first game and what their approach was and be prepared to adjust."
The Rams earned a 17-3 victory the first time these two teams met in a Week 5 Thursday night contest. In that game, the Cardinals threw 50 passes to only 17 rushing attempts despite it being a seven-point game going into the fourth quarter.
With running back LaRod Stephens-Howling showing progress, the return of Beanie Wells and the flux at the QB position, it's fair to say the Rams will see a more balanced attack come Sunday.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.