Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 1:51 pm
Ryan Lindley to start Sunday for Arizona Cardinals against St. Louis Rams
Coach Ken Whisenhunt announced after practice Wednesday that Ryan Lindley will start for Arizona against St. Louis Sunday.
Lindley, who saw his first game action last week against the Falcons, completed 9-of-20 passes for 64 yards in Arizona's loss in relief of John Skelton.
The decision comes as little surprise, as with Kevin Kolb still injured and Skelton ineffective, it makes sense that the coach would want to see what his sixth-round pick has to offer.
Interestingly enough, there were some who thought this was going to happen as early as training camp. Sports Illustrated's Peter King had suggested Lindley would have a shot to play by midseason, and ESPN's Ron Jaworski said back in May he believed the rookie would be a starting QB in the NFL in four years.
Looks like Lindley, who finished his collegiate career throwing for 12,690 yards with 90 touchdown passes and 47 interceptions, is a bit ahead of schedule.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.