Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 1:51 pm
Ryan Lindley to start Sunday for Arizona Cardinals against St. Louis Rams
Coach Ken Whisenhunt announced after practice Wednesday that Ryan Lindley will start for Arizona against St. Louis Sunday.
Lindley, who saw his first game action last week against the Falcons, completed 9-of-20 passes for 64 yards in Arizona's loss in relief of John Skelton.
The decision comes as little surprise, as with Kevin Kolb still injured and Skelton ineffective, it makes sense that the coach would want to see what his sixth-round pick has to offer.
Interestingly enough, there were some who thought this was going to happen as early as training camp. Sports Illustrated's Peter King had suggested Lindley would have a shot to play by midseason, and ESPN's Ron Jaworski said back in May he believed the rookie would be a starting QB in the NFL in four years.
Looks like Lindley, who finished his collegiate career throwing for 12,690 yards with 90 touchdown passes and 47 interceptions, is a bit ahead of schedule.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.