Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 5:05 pm
Rookie Ryan Lindley excited for first NFL start
"I was excited. Just ready to go and put the work in," said Lindley when asked about getting the news of the starting job. "I'm just thankful for the opportunity and it's a blessing. I'm going to put 110% into it and make sure I'm ready to go by Sunday."
Lindley completed just 9-of-20 passes last weekend for 64 yards with no interceptions, no touchdowns and a quarterback rating of 52.9. This week he looked back at the film from Atlanta and sees some changes he can make.
"You know a lot of little things I can correct," he said. "Just being composed, getting the ball out there and letting guys run after the catch. Just little stuff that I can get down, and hopefully that comes with more reps out on the field."
Lindley, who will be making his first NFL start, says he's ready and comfortable with the offense.
"I don't really get nervous. I think more right now just getting the reps in during practice is what I want to do," he said. "I want to make sure I'm ready because if I'm prepared and ready to go, come Sunday it's just about getting it done."
The Cardinals quarterback has nowhere to go but up.
"There's nothing really to it but to just do it when I'm out there," Lindley said. "I'm going to be excited, probably going to have to take a deep breath and make sure I'm cool and calm and composed but that's going to be more excitement, not nervousness."
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.