Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 5:05 pm
Rookie Ryan Lindley excited for first NFL start
"I was excited. Just ready to go and put the work in," said Lindley when asked about getting the news of the starting job. "I'm just thankful for the opportunity and it's a blessing. I'm going to put 110% into it and make sure I'm ready to go by Sunday."
Lindley completed just 9-of-20 passes last weekend for 64 yards with no interceptions, no touchdowns and a quarterback rating of 52.9. This week he looked back at the film from Atlanta and sees some changes he can make.
"You know a lot of little things I can correct," he said. "Just being composed, getting the ball out there and letting guys run after the catch. Just little stuff that I can get down, and hopefully that comes with more reps out on the field."
Lindley, who will be making his first NFL start, says he's ready and comfortable with the offense.
"I don't really get nervous. I think more right now just getting the reps in during practice is what I want to do," he said. "I want to make sure I'm ready because if I'm prepared and ready to go, come Sunday it's just about getting it done."
The Cardinals quarterback has nowhere to go but up.
"There's nothing really to it but to just do it when I'm out there," Lindley said. "I'm going to be excited, probably going to have to take a deep breath and make sure I'm cool and calm and composed but that's going to be more excitement, not nervousness."
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.
- Paulie Pigskin Report - Sunday December 1Paul Calvisi catches up with AZ Cardinals LB Jasper Brinkley.