Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 5:05 pm
Rookie Ryan Lindley excited for first NFL start
"I was excited. Just ready to go and put the work in," said Lindley when asked about getting the news of the starting job. "I'm just thankful for the opportunity and it's a blessing. I'm going to put 110% into it and make sure I'm ready to go by Sunday."
Lindley completed just 9-of-20 passes last weekend for 64 yards with no interceptions, no touchdowns and a quarterback rating of 52.9. This week he looked back at the film from Atlanta and sees some changes he can make.
"You know a lot of little things I can correct," he said. "Just being composed, getting the ball out there and letting guys run after the catch. Just little stuff that I can get down, and hopefully that comes with more reps out on the field."
Lindley, who will be making his first NFL start, says he's ready and comfortable with the offense.
"I don't really get nervous. I think more right now just getting the reps in during practice is what I want to do," he said. "I want to make sure I'm ready because if I'm prepared and ready to go, come Sunday it's just about getting it done."
The Cardinals quarterback has nowhere to go but up.
"There's nothing really to it but to just do it when I'm out there," Lindley said. "I'm going to be excited, probably going to have to take a deep breath and make sure I'm cool and calm and composed but that's going to be more excitement, not nervousness."
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.