Updated Nov 24, 2012 - 1:15 am
Whisenhunt: No major changes for Ryan Lindley
Lindley saw action in his first ever regular season NFL game last week against the Falcons when he replaced John Skelton early in the game when the Cardinals had a 13-0 lead.
Whisenhunt said today that despite Lindley being a rookie, he doesn't plan on shrinking the playbook for the young quarterback.
"Not necessarily for him," Whisenhunt said. "I don't think he's uncomfortable with what we're doing from a schematic standpoint or the number of plays that we have."
Lindley was 9-of-20 for 64 yards against Atlanta, and he's trying to lead an offense that's ranked No. 31 overall and No. 30 in passing.
Whisenhunt says that if there are any changes to the play-calling or the playbook, it might be more about the offense and less about the quarterback.
"I think we're trying to do better at a lot of the things we do offensively." said Whisenhunt. "I don't necessarily think scaling back is the right thing. We're trying to do the things that we do well, better, and do more of those things."
The Cardinals remember their last matchup with the Rams this season very well. Arizona was 4-0 before getting beat by St. Louis 17-3 on October 4 -- a loss that started the current six-game slide. The Rams are also trying to end a rough stretch. They are winless in their last five games.
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?