Updated Nov 24, 2012 - 1:15 am
Whisenhunt: No major changes for Ryan Lindley
Lindley saw action in his first ever regular season NFL game last week against the Falcons when he replaced John Skelton early in the game when the Cardinals had a 13-0 lead.
Whisenhunt said today that despite Lindley being a rookie, he doesn't plan on shrinking the playbook for the young quarterback.
"Not necessarily for him," Whisenhunt said. "I don't think he's uncomfortable with what we're doing from a schematic standpoint or the number of plays that we have."
Lindley was 9-of-20 for 64 yards against Atlanta, and he's trying to lead an offense that's ranked No. 31 overall and No. 30 in passing.
Whisenhunt says that if there are any changes to the play-calling or the playbook, it might be more about the offense and less about the quarterback.
"I think we're trying to do better at a lot of the things we do offensively." said Whisenhunt. "I don't necessarily think scaling back is the right thing. We're trying to do the things that we do well, better, and do more of those things."
The Cardinals remember their last matchup with the Rams this season very well. Arizona was 4-0 before getting beat by St. Louis 17-3 on October 4 -- a loss that started the current six-game slide. The Rams are also trying to end a rough stretch. They are winless in their last five games.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.