Updated Nov 24, 2012 - 1:15 am
Whisenhunt: No major changes for Ryan Lindley
Lindley saw action in his first ever regular season NFL game last week against the Falcons when he replaced John Skelton early in the game when the Cardinals had a 13-0 lead.
Whisenhunt said today that despite Lindley being a rookie, he doesn't plan on shrinking the playbook for the young quarterback.
"Not necessarily for him," Whisenhunt said. "I don't think he's uncomfortable with what we're doing from a schematic standpoint or the number of plays that we have."
Lindley was 9-of-20 for 64 yards against Atlanta, and he's trying to lead an offense that's ranked No. 31 overall and No. 30 in passing.
Whisenhunt says that if there are any changes to the play-calling or the playbook, it might be more about the offense and less about the quarterback.
"I think we're trying to do better at a lot of the things we do offensively." said Whisenhunt. "I don't necessarily think scaling back is the right thing. We're trying to do the things that we do well, better, and do more of those things."
The Cardinals remember their last matchup with the Rams this season very well. Arizona was 4-0 before getting beat by St. Louis 17-3 on October 4 -- a loss that started the current six-game slide. The Rams are also trying to end a rough stretch. They are winless in their last five games.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.