Updated Nov 25, 2012 - 5:32 pm
Bird Bits: Cardinals embarrassed by Rams
Rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley made his first professional start and it didn't go well. The sixth-round pick threw four interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns by St. Louis rookie cornerback Janoris Jenkins.
Beanie Wells returned to the gridiron after a prolonged absence with a turf toe injury and played well. The fourth-year pro ran for 48 yards on 17 carries and scored two touchdowns -- his first two scores of the season.
Lindley's second half performance left a lot to be desired. To his defense, the Rams brought a lot more pressure with blitz schemes, and they seemed to confuse the rookie.
Even with the quarterback change, the Cardinals failed to get the ball into the hands of Larry Fitzgerald. Fitz had just three catches for 31 yards and has just four receptions in the last two games.
ē Jenkins became the first Ram in history to have two interception returns for touchdowns in the same game. As a franchise, they've played 1,030 games.
ē The Rams hadn't forced a turnover in their previous five games, but picked off four passes against the Cardinals.
ē St. Louis' 31 points tied their season-high. They also had 31 in a Week 2 win over the Washington Redskins.
ē The Rams picked up their first road win of the season, snapping a seven-game road losing streak.
Coming Up Next:
The Cardinals hit the road to take on the New York Jets at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey next Sunday.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!