Updated Nov 25, 2012 - 5:32 pm
Bird Bits: Cardinals embarrassed by Rams
Rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley made his first professional start and it didn't go well. The sixth-round pick threw four interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns by St. Louis rookie cornerback Janoris Jenkins.
Beanie Wells returned to the gridiron after a prolonged absence with a turf toe injury and played well. The fourth-year pro ran for 48 yards on 17 carries and scored two touchdowns -- his first two scores of the season.
Lindley's second half performance left a lot to be desired. To his defense, the Rams brought a lot more pressure with blitz schemes, and they seemed to confuse the rookie.
Even with the quarterback change, the Cardinals failed to get the ball into the hands of Larry Fitzgerald. Fitz had just three catches for 31 yards and has just four receptions in the last two games.
• Jenkins became the first Ram in history to have two interception returns for touchdowns in the same game. As a franchise, they've played 1,030 games.
• The Rams hadn't forced a turnover in their previous five games, but picked off four passes against the Cardinals.
• St. Louis' 31 points tied their season-high. They also had 31 in a Week 2 win over the Washington Redskins.
• The Rams picked up their first road win of the season, snapping a seven-game road losing streak.
Coming Up Next:
The Cardinals hit the road to take on the New York Jets at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey next Sunday.
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves