Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:48 pm
RB Beanie Wells 'felt good' in first game back
He carried the ball 17 times for 48 yards and was the first Cardinals player to rush for two touchdowns in a single game this season.
Despite getting so much of the workload, Wells wasn't fatigued.
"I felt good. I don't think I was winded at all," Wells said. "It was just a matter of getting my football feet back underneath me."
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt was encouraged by what he saw out of Wells.
"I think that as he gets more comfortable with the game speed, he'll be alright," Whisenhunt said. "He looked good on some of the runs."
Wells was itching to get back on the field after missing so much time.
"I haven't played in two months, so I was super excited to get back out there and sometimes I was going a little too quick," Wells said.
Whisenhunt expected this because he said Wells was "so amped up."
"There were a couple of times where he looked like he didn't have his feet underneath him," Whisenhunt said. "He broke into the second level and it looked like he was going down.
The Cardinals are set to take on the New York Jets Sunday and Wells is again expected to once again receive the bulk of the carries.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.