Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:48 pm
RB Beanie Wells 'felt good' in first game back
He carried the ball 17 times for 48 yards and was the first Cardinals player to rush for two touchdowns in a single game this season.
Despite getting so much of the workload, Wells wasn't fatigued.
"I felt good. I don't think I was winded at all," Wells said. "It was just a matter of getting my football feet back underneath me."
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt was encouraged by what he saw out of Wells.
"I think that as he gets more comfortable with the game speed, he'll be alright," Whisenhunt said. "He looked good on some of the runs."
Wells was itching to get back on the field after missing so much time.
"I haven't played in two months, so I was super excited to get back out there and sometimes I was going a little too quick," Wells said.
Whisenhunt expected this because he said Wells was "so amped up."
"There were a couple of times where he looked like he didn't have his feet underneath him," Whisenhunt said. "He broke into the second level and it looked like he was going down.
The Cardinals are set to take on the New York Jets Sunday and Wells is again expected to once again receive the bulk of the carries.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.