Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:48 pm
RB Beanie Wells 'felt good' in first game back
He carried the ball 17 times for 48 yards and was the first Cardinals player to rush for two touchdowns in a single game this season.
Despite getting so much of the workload, Wells wasn't fatigued.
"I felt good. I don't think I was winded at all," Wells said. "It was just a matter of getting my football feet back underneath me."
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt was encouraged by what he saw out of Wells.
"I think that as he gets more comfortable with the game speed, he'll be alright," Whisenhunt said. "He looked good on some of the runs."
Wells was itching to get back on the field after missing so much time.
"I haven't played in two months, so I was super excited to get back out there and sometimes I was going a little too quick," Wells said.
Whisenhunt expected this because he said Wells was "so amped up."
"There were a couple of times where he looked like he didn't have his feet underneath him," Whisenhunt said. "He broke into the second level and it looked like he was going down.
The Cardinals are set to take on the New York Jets Sunday and Wells is again expected to once again receive the bulk of the carries.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.