Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:48 pm
RB Beanie Wells 'felt good' in first game back
He carried the ball 17 times for 48 yards and was the first Cardinals player to rush for two touchdowns in a single game this season.
Despite getting so much of the workload, Wells wasn't fatigued.
"I felt good. I don't think I was winded at all," Wells said. "It was just a matter of getting my football feet back underneath me."
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt was encouraged by what he saw out of Wells.
"I think that as he gets more comfortable with the game speed, he'll be alright," Whisenhunt said. "He looked good on some of the runs."
Wells was itching to get back on the field after missing so much time.
"I haven't played in two months, so I was super excited to get back out there and sometimes I was going a little too quick," Wells said.
Whisenhunt expected this because he said Wells was "so amped up."
"There were a couple of times where he looked like he didn't have his feet underneath him," Whisenhunt said. "He broke into the second level and it looked like he was going down.
The Cardinals are set to take on the New York Jets Sunday and Wells is again expected to once again receive the bulk of the carries.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.