Updated Nov 27, 2012 - 2:11 pm
Cardinals Horton on Peter King's list of hot assistants
Every week King issues his Monday Morning Quarterback column which is, quite simply, a must read for NFL fans everywhere.
But in the course of reading his 8,500-word epic, maybe missed the fact that King has listed his "top ten NFL assistants who will get sniffs for head coaching jobs in the league next year."
Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton showed up on the list -- at number eight.
It's somewhat surprising that Horton is that low on the list. The St. Louis Rams interviewed Horton last offseason for their vacant head coaching job before choosing Jeff Fisher for the post.
And despite Arizona's current seven-game losing streak, Horton's defense has been the strong point of the team, ranking seventh in the league in yardage allowed and 11th in points allowed.
Interestingly, another familiar name appears on the list ahead of Horton. Former ASU head coach Dirk Koetter, now the offensive coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons, appears at number five.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive linemen
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.