Updated Nov 27, 2012 - 2:11 pm
Cardinals Horton on Peter King's list of hot assistants
Every week King issues his Monday Morning Quarterback column which is, quite simply, a must read for NFL fans everywhere.
But in the course of reading his 8,500-word epic, maybe missed the fact that King has listed his "top ten NFL assistants who will get sniffs for head coaching jobs in the league next year."
Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton showed up on the list -- at number eight.
It's somewhat surprising that Horton is that low on the list. The St. Louis Rams interviewed Horton last offseason for their vacant head coaching job before choosing Jeff Fisher for the post.
And despite Arizona's current seven-game losing streak, Horton's defense has been the strong point of the team, ranking seventh in the league in yardage allowed and 11th in points allowed.
Interestingly, another familiar name appears on the list ahead of Horton. Former ASU head coach Dirk Koetter, now the offensive coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons, appears at number five.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.