Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 10:08 am
Michael Vick to Arizona Cardinals? ESPN insider suggests it
Vick has thrown just 11 touchdowns against nine interceptions, has been sacked 27 times and has lost three fumbles.
He's missed two games with a concussion, and appears to be running out of time in the City of Brotherly Love.
Though he's just a couple years removed from a Pro Bowl season in which he threw 21 touchdowns and just nine interceptions while running for 676 yards and nine scores, at 32 some may think Vick's days as an NFL starter are coming to an end.
ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter says not so fast.
"When you look around the league right now there are enough teams with enough quarterback questions," Shefter opined on ESPN radio Wednesday. "But you look at right now, who has quarterback questions? Michael Vick, would he be an upgrade in Buffalo, would he be an upgrade in Arizona, would he be an upgrade with the Jets?
"Would he be an upgrade with any team that has quarterback questions right now? Those three come to mind."
Schefter noted that if any of those teams feel like they can do better than Michael Vick then it's possible he'll be relegated to being a backup for whatever team he's with next season.
However, given that the Cardinals have started Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton, Kevin Kolb and Ryan Lindley over the last few seasons, it's fair to believe that no, the Cardinals cannot do better than Michael Vick.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.