Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 10:08 am
Michael Vick to Arizona Cardinals? ESPN insider suggests it
Vick has thrown just 11 touchdowns against nine interceptions, has been sacked 27 times and has lost three fumbles.
He's missed two games with a concussion, and appears to be running out of time in the City of Brotherly Love.
Though he's just a couple years removed from a Pro Bowl season in which he threw 21 touchdowns and just nine interceptions while running for 676 yards and nine scores, at 32 some may think Vick's days as an NFL starter are coming to an end.
ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter says not so fast.
"When you look around the league right now there are enough teams with enough quarterback questions," Shefter opined on ESPN radio Wednesday. "But you look at right now, who has quarterback questions? Michael Vick, would he be an upgrade in Buffalo, would he be an upgrade in Arizona, would he be an upgrade with the Jets?
"Would he be an upgrade with any team that has quarterback questions right now? Those three come to mind."
Schefter noted that if any of those teams feel like they can do better than Michael Vick then it's possible he'll be relegated to being a backup for whatever team he's with next season.
However, given that the Cardinals have started Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton, Kevin Kolb and Ryan Lindley over the last few seasons, it's fair to believe that no, the Cardinals cannot do better than Michael Vick.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?