Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 10:08 am
Michael Vick to Arizona Cardinals? ESPN insider suggests it
Vick has thrown just 11 touchdowns against nine interceptions, has been sacked 27 times and has lost three fumbles.
He's missed two games with a concussion, and appears to be running out of time in the City of Brotherly Love.
Though he's just a couple years removed from a Pro Bowl season in which he threw 21 touchdowns and just nine interceptions while running for 676 yards and nine scores, at 32 some may think Vick's days as an NFL starter are coming to an end.
ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter says not so fast.
"When you look around the league right now there are enough teams with enough quarterback questions," Shefter opined on ESPN radio Wednesday. "But you look at right now, who has quarterback questions? Michael Vick, would he be an upgrade in Buffalo, would he be an upgrade in Arizona, would he be an upgrade with the Jets?
"Would he be an upgrade with any team that has quarterback questions right now? Those three come to mind."
Schefter noted that if any of those teams feel like they can do better than Michael Vick then it's possible he'll be relegated to being a backup for whatever team he's with next season.
However, given that the Cardinals have started Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton, Kevin Kolb and Ryan Lindley over the last few seasons, it's fair to believe that no, the Cardinals cannot do better than Michael Vick.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.