Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 5:20 pm
Former Cardinals QB Warner 'impressed' with Ryan Lindley
The latest quarterback to audition is Ryan Lindley, a sixth-round pick in the 2012 draft who received his first NFL start against the Rams last Sunday.
Lindley, who completed 31-of-52 passes for 312 yards with four interceptions, had his struggles.
But according to Warner, who was a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday, he also had some very positive moments.
"I saw a lot of good things," Warner said. "I felt like, especially early in the game, things were really good."
Warner, who is an analyst for the NFL Network, said it appeared things "got away from" Lindley as the game wore on, and the pair of pick-sixes the QB threw certainly didn't help.
"But I was impressed; I thought he made some really good throws," Warner added. "Some tough reads or went to places where you might not expect a rookie to go and deliver the football well."
Warner said Lindley did make some of the classic rookie mistakes, but overall he was "really impressed" with the way the 23-year-old played.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b