Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 5:20 pm
Former Cardinals QB Warner 'impressed' with Ryan Lindley
The latest quarterback to audition is Ryan Lindley, a sixth-round pick in the 2012 draft who received his first NFL start against the Rams last Sunday.
Lindley, who completed 31-of-52 passes for 312 yards with four interceptions, had his struggles.
But according to Warner, who was a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday, he also had some very positive moments.
"I saw a lot of good things," Warner said. "I felt like, especially early in the game, things were really good."
Warner, who is an analyst for the NFL Network, said it appeared things "got away from" Lindley as the game wore on, and the pair of pick-sixes the QB threw certainly didn't help.
"But I was impressed; I thought he made some really good throws," Warner added. "Some tough reads or went to places where you might not expect a rookie to go and deliver the football well."
Warner said Lindley did make some of the classic rookie mistakes, but overall he was "really impressed" with the way the 23-year-old played.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.