Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 5:20 pm
Former Cardinals QB Warner 'impressed' with Ryan Lindley
The latest quarterback to audition is Ryan Lindley, a sixth-round pick in the 2012 draft who received his first NFL start against the Rams last Sunday.
Lindley, who completed 31-of-52 passes for 312 yards with four interceptions, had his struggles.
But according to Warner, who was a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday, he also had some very positive moments.
"I saw a lot of good things," Warner said. "I felt like, especially early in the game, things were really good."
Warner, who is an analyst for the NFL Network, said it appeared things "got away from" Lindley as the game wore on, and the pair of pick-sixes the QB threw certainly didn't help.
"But I was impressed; I thought he made some really good throws," Warner added. "Some tough reads or went to places where you might not expect a rookie to go and deliver the football well."
Warner said Lindley did make some of the classic rookie mistakes, but overall he was "really impressed" with the way the 23-year-old played.
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi