Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:21 pm
Larry Fitzgerald: 'We're desperate for a win'
Despite his experience with such skids, Fitzgerald is desperate for the streak to end, and chose an interesting analogy to sum up the team's feelings.
"You ever been in a pool and struggling for air and how hard you fight to get to the top," Fitzgerald asked. "That's kind of how we all feel right now, we're drowning and we're struggling and fighting to do anything we can to get to the top.
"We're desperate. We're desperate for a win."
If there's a silver lining to the situation the Cardinals are currently facing, it's that they'll take on a 4-7 team Sunday that is in apparent disarray -- the New York Jets.
Despite their recent struggles, Fitzgerald knows the Jets defense still presents a tough challenge.
"They're really good, they're playing good football," Fitzgerald said. "They've got some Pro Bowl talent over there and a really strong linebacker crew that can get after the quarterback.
"It's going to be a tough game against a team that we're not very familiar with, so we've just got to put in the extra time."
- Arizona Cardinals look to continue success against AFC South teams
- Arizona Cardinals sign Orhian Johnson to practice squad
- Arizona Cardinals' John Abraham named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
- Warner: Palmer's 'confidence in his playmakers' leading to turnaround
- Cardinals place Mathieu on season-ending IR
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up